The right tool makes a job so much easier.
If the job is to hang a picture, a hammer to pound the nail makes it easy. If you need a hole, a power drill gets it done. If the job is to grow leaders, a comprehensive program to build Emotional Intelligence (EQ) skills is the tool you need.
Please note: When buying the EQ Leader Program2.0 (EQL) for your organization, a separate copy must be purchased for each coach or consultant who will be working with EQL. This is similar to buying software, such as Microsoft Word, i.e., each computer needs its own copy. Thus, if your organization has three coaches who will be using the EQL, please buy three copies, one for each coach.
What is The EQ Leader Program 2.0?
The EQ Leader Program 2.0 is a turnkey coaching program, presented in a 483 page manual accompanied by a flash drive containing customizable files, that helps leaders build Emotional Intelligence skills.
How can I purchase the EQ Leader Program 2.0?
There are three ways to purchase the program:
1) The easiest way is to go to the Shop tab, indicate the number of copies you want to purchase, click Add to cart, and provide your billing (PayPal/Credit Card) information and shipping address, and submit. In just a few days you will receive your copy of the program manual and your copy of the flash drive, in two separate packages.
2) If you reside in the U.S. and wish to pay by check, you may do so. DO NOT CLICK ON ADD TO CART, as this will take you to the PayPal/Credit Card payment option. Instead, click here for instructions and the order form. (If you decide to go this route, drop us an email to let us know that your order and check are on the way, and we will get your manual and flash drive packaged and ready to go, allowing it to get to you more quickly.)
3) If you have special circumstances (buying a large number, having attended the Division 13 Webinar or having purchased the original (2006) version), have other questions, or simply wish to discuss your options before ordering, click on the Contact Us tab. There you will find a form you can use to submit your questions, or, if you prefer, several ways to contact Dr. Ackley directly.
What is Emotional Intelligence (EQ)?
An obscure term in the early 1990s, EQ has become a staple of corporate learning. Thousands of studies demonstrate the high value that EQ skills provide to organizations. Leaders with strong EQ vastly outperform low EQ leaders. As a result, demand for effective ways to strengthen EQ is at an all-time high. Coaches who deliver value have a powerful competitive advantage.
Who was The EQ Leader Program 2.0 written for?
The EQ Leader Program 2.0 was written for external and internal executive coaches, consultants, Chief Learning Officers and HR professionals who make decisions about leader development, coaching programs, and faculty in graduate level programs, among others. In conjunction with a coach or consultant, it can be used by managers, supervisors, leaders of professional practices, and anybody who develops leaders.
Originally published in 2006 by MHS – (Multi Health Systems, Toronto), it has been used successfully by coaches around the world. Its author, Dana C. Ackley, Ph.D., has used the program to generate millions of dollars of revenue for his company.
Its science-based methods create sustainable behavior change. The updated version, The EQ Leader Program 2.0, which became available in October 2020, contains a wealth of new information and ideas gained by Dr. Ackley through his use of the program over the intervening 14 years.
What does “Turnkey” mean?
Turnkey means “fully equipped; a ready-to-go into operation.” In this context, turnkey means that the EQ Leader Program 2.0 is ready to be used out of the box. It lets you maximize billable time by saving potentially hundreds of hours of uncompensated development time. And, it can be delivered in person or virtually, which is important in times when you and your clients may need to social distance.
What does The EQ Leader Program 2.0 include?
The EQ Leader Program 2.0 (EQL) includes original content from version 1.0, updated to include what Dr. Ackley has learned in the fourteen years since the first edition was published. In addition, it now aligns with the EQ-i 2.0, the best scientifically validated measure of EQ available.
EQL takes clients through 1) an introductory workshop to win the hearts and minds of participants, 2) a comprehensive, science-based assessment of current clients’ EQ skills, to help them discover strengths as well as areas for improvement, 3) development planning to customize the program to each individual, and 4) executive coaching tools to guide learning. This sequence creates high engagement and lasting growth, and thus, real value. In addition, EQL includes guidance on marketing and selling your services, because no one gets coaching until a coach wins a contract. Finally, EQL includes guidance on delivering the program virtually when necessary.
The program is entirely customizable to fit different coaches’ needs, styles, and preferences. All customizable files, including PowerPoint presentations, speaker’s notes, emails, exercises, handouts, questionnaires, interviews, templates for report writing, and even marketing worksheets, are included on a flashdrive which accompanies the program manual.
I already own the original program. What’s new in 2.0?
- Updated: Keynote workshop
- New: A second sample workshop, this one for specialized audiences
- Updated: Ways to structure an EQ assessment
- New: Sample individualized report for the EQ-i 2.0
- New: Sample individualized report for the EQ 360
- New: Individualized EQ-i 2.0 interpretive protocol
- Updated: Instructions for the debrief process to engage clients in coaching
- Updated: Ten step developmental planning process for teams and large groups
- New: Guidance on coaching issues, including the nature of an effective coaching relationship, boundaries, confidentiality, flexibility, structure, ROI, and many more
- New: twenty-five coaching tools
- Updated: 186 exercises designed to guide clients’ efforts in building EQ skills – one set for each EQ skill – printable on your letterhead to give to your clients. Includes exercises for the newly broken out skill of Emotional Expression.
- New: Instructions for virtual program delivery
- Expanded: Six Steps of Marketing
- Expanded: How to negotiate win/win contracts with organizations
- New: How to overcome sales anxiety
Does it make sense to be getting something like this in the middle of the pandemic?
Business may be slow right now because of the pandemic. Yet the need for leader and executive development isn’t going away. It’s growing. Crises expose leadership gaps you can help fill.
The consultants and coaches who will be in business a year from now are those who spend down time preparing for the torrent of demand that will arise. Organizations will find ways to invest as if their survival depends on it. It does.
There are many ways you can prepare for the coming demand: upgrade your marketing plan, sharpen your skills, master a new approach. The EQ Leader Program 2.0 (EQL) is one way to do all three. At nearly 500 pages, EQL is a turnkey comprehensive program which coaches can use to help leaders build their EQ. In addition to programs and processes that have been field tested by coaches around the world, EQL includes sections on sales and marketing, as well as ideas for doing the program virtually.
I run a coach training program. Is The EQ Leader Program 2.0 (EQL) something I could use?
Yes, please see the Coach Training Program.
I am a clinician who would like to broaden my services to include executive coaching. Is The EQ Leader Program 2.0 (EQL) something that would help me get started?
Dr. Ackley was a clinician for twenty-five years before making the transition to executive coaching and organizational consultation. He understands and has experienced the journey you want to take. In addition to providing you with all the elements needed for an effective and comprehensive program, you will find guidance about key differences between the work you do now and the work you want to do. Clinical skills have an important place in coaching and consultation. But there are differences that are important to understand. EQL will help you recognize them for a smoother transition.
The cost of The EQ Leader Program 2.0 (EQL), $795, is a lot. Is it really worth it?
If you are looking for an unbiased answer here, you might not find it. We think it is worth this amount and more. Here’s why: Many purchasers have the skills to put together a program like EQL themselves. But it would take many, many hours to create all the elements covered in the nearly 500 pages of this manual. (Dr. Ackley knows because he did it.)
Let’s suppose you charge $400/hour, which is probably somewhere in the mid-range for executive coaches. In this case, buying the manual accounts for two hours, but do the math yourself with your own rate. Compare that to the amount of time you estimate it would take to put together an introductory workshop, think through how you want to do the assessment, develop an assessment interview, plan a development planning process, sort out the many challenging issues that coaching involves, create menus of exercises for each of the sixteen skills measured by the EQ-I 2.0, and develop the structure for a marketing and sales program. EQL does all of that for you, giving you free time that can turn into billable time. If you were to convert just twenty hours of development time into twenty hours of compensated time, at $400/hour, that’s $8,000. Based on our experience in creating EQL, twenty hours seems like a major under-estimate.